|Adraki gobhi aloo|
I had tasted gobhi aloo subzi in a wedding and the taste is still in my mind. Finally decided to try and get the same taste. The experiment turned out to be a hug success.
Prep Time - 10 mins
Cooking Time - 10 mins
8- 10 gobhi florets
2 medium size potatoes peeled and sliced (lengthwise)
1 onion sliced
2 tomatoes sliced
adrak (ginger) finely chopped
2 tbsp oil for frying masala
1 cup oil for frying gobhi and aloo
1tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1tsp red chili powder
1tsp coriander powder
1tsp garam masala
Salt as per taste
Thin slices of adrak for garnish
2 Green chilies sliced for garnish
1. Fry the gobhi and then the aloo and drain them on a tissue paper.
|Fried gobhi and aloo|
2. Now add oil in separate wok. Add the cumin seeds.
3. As soon the cumin seeds color changes add the sliced onions.
4. Once onions are translucent add the sliced tomatoes and chopped adrak.
|Sliced onions, tomatoes and chopped adrak|
5. Now cover the wok and allow the onions and tomatoes to cook on a low heat. Keep stirring intermittently.
6. The onions and tomatoes are cooked when oil starts to separate.
|Oil started separating from the onions and tomatoes|
7. Now add all the dry masala - turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder,garam masala and a little bit of salt for the masala.
8. Stir everything and add the fried gobhi and aloo and add salt as per taste
9. Mix the masala and gobhi aloo together and garnish with green chillies and sliced adrak.