|Masoor Dal Kebab|
Planning New Year party at home and thinking of some healthy cocktail snack options try these dal kebab :)
Prep Time - 20 min
Cooking Time - 10 min
3/4 cup masoor dal
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 tbsp roasted and crushed peanuts
2 bread slices crumbled
Salt to taste
2 tsp red chilli powder ( substitute with finely chopped green chillies
2 tsp chaat masala
Oil for frying
1. Wash the masoor dal and soak for 5 minutes in water.
2. Add water till the dal is immersed in the pressure cooker. Do not add too much water.
3. The masoor dal cooks fast. It took me 4 whistles of the pressure cooker and the dal was cooked.
4. Now in a bowl add the finely chopped onions, crumbled bread, crushed peanuts, cooked dal, salt, red chilli powder and chaat masala and mix well.
5. Add 2 tbsp of hot water to the mixture and mix well. You should have a dough like consistency.
|Kebab Mixture Ready|
6. Now make small round shape kebab of the mixture and coat with a bit of wheat flour and dust away the extra wheat flour by patting the kebab between the fingers.
7. Place the kebabs on the hot tawa.
|Kebab on tawa|
8. Cook from one side and then turn and cook from the other side.
9. Now add oil and cook from both sides to get nice crispness.
10. The kebabs are ready to be enjoyed.